Time for changes - girl, embrace your curves

When I started blogging almost a year ago, I was really stuck when somebody asked me what's my niche. I had no idea! Now after evolving together with my blog and growing as a person I've recently started to realize what direction I want to head with my blog and therefore things are really going to change - but only to the better! 

After I started blogging, many people told me I'm not fit for the fashion world - literally. They told me how I'm too fat, I'm too big, I have to lose weight and be skinny in order to blog. Before blogging I had no clue people looked at me that way! But maybe they didn't - because when you look on the streets, how often do you see perfect girls? What even IS considered to be perfect? When have people gone so far that they select the worth of other human being based on it's size? It isn't ice-age! The outlook of the thought that there are actual people who think that way drove me crazy and I felt I have to do something ... so instead of stopping the blogging, I tried to do even better shoots and flaunted my curves even more. Since my self-confidence was very very low and I had been battling myself with my body (trying to look "perfect" for the society), it wasn't the easiest to make my mind change and finally embrace the way I am. But now I've managed it. We have one body, we are stuck with it and what is the use of fighting with it, when it's the ONE thing that is solely ours. People are not the same, they have never been and they never will so why do we want to compare ourselves all the time?! It's like telling a rock it's too grey and it has to be green like the grass. We are different and that versatility is what makes the world a beautiful place. 
That realization is the reason I've overcome the self-image issues and accepted the fact that yes, I'm a 5'6'' and plus-size girl and it doesn't have to be a bad thing! Being a size 12 doesn't necessarily mean you are ugly or you are fat or unhealthy. You can be amazing! All you have to do is care for yourself! Be active, eat the best you can, pamper your body and that's all you need. You don't need to starve, go on crazy diets or under a surgery. You don't need all that! What you need, is to believe in that inner beauty you have - let it shine through. Therefore I'm focusing a lot more on the self-confidence part, showing you how to flaunt a curvy body because guess what - if you have it, show it, don't hide it! :) 

Let's start the revolution of girls and women who are confident in their skin and are not afraid to hide what they have! :)
To kick it off, here is the first shoot of the "new beginning thinking" - all about showing your curves and flaunting them! 
What do you think about this new direction of blogging? Are you in with the thinking that it's cool when people are different or you prefer seeing skinny bloggers? What is your take in this subject? Share your thoughts with me because this new direction is very exciting for me and your opinion is what keeps the blog going! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment