One face, million stories behind it

(Emotions are said to be universal - everybody everywhere in the world can understand them the same way. Do you recognize mine? - Angry, sad, surprised, happy, usual .. and some other random ones:D)

What happens when I'm home alone? I start making faces in front of the mirror, haha. Actually, the act of taking selfies alone is so intimate, it's working together with yourself, trying to create something and give something to others. You might ask: "How can it be hard to "work with yourself"?"  But it is. Especially if you are your own biggest critic! One thing that you can learn while posing at front of the camera, is that even though you put your mind into controlling the body, you might not control your face at the same time. We've deleted so many great pictures where my pose is incredible, the frame is beautiful but .. my face is lacking. It's very often when Rauno says that my face is a bit "off" or I look too oblivious (though sometimes I want to do it purposely, for adding dreamy touch.. however there are special shoots for that face!). That's the reason I want to develop my facial impression and here is my little experiment. :) I've always loved taking portraits and now I have a very good reason to start doing them more.
PS: It was very difficult for me to actually be pleased with these pictures because I'm so used to taking pictures with my bang on. I have a little scar on my forehead and I'm not that comfy with this kind of pictures where you can see every inch of the face. But I'm happy I did it! Do you like it? :)

What do you think about taking selfies or do you prefer a photographer? :) Share your thoughts with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment