Welcome back to the 90s a.k.a big girls do wear shorts!


Hello lovelies & beautiful Monday to everybody! 

To kick off the week, we did some pictures yesterday evening after I had returned to the city. This outfit is a bit revolutional to me for many reasons. Firstly, I got the chance to show off my much loved Levi's old shorts that look amazing and instantly bring me back to the last decade - high waisted denim shorts, sneakers .. it was a good time! Having born on 93rd, going back in style to that area is a bit sentimental and a very special feeling. The second unordinary thing about these pictures is that I'm actually wearing sneakers! I've kept my flats/sneakers only for running to the grocery store, working out or casual walks on the city, just for relaxing. Being a short girl, it's very important for me to wear heels and god knows how I love heels .. but this time I felt sneakers are the only way.  Even with sneakers I could only pose on my toes because I'm so used to being on heels and elongating myself on the pictures.

Despite of those minor unusual details, there is a much deeper meaning in these photos for me. I'm talking about self-confidence. I've struggled for many many years with my weight, self-image and trying to like myself, love myself  - even though it seems as such an easy thing to do. It really isn't.  Hating my body and all the little details about it for years and years had put me down and it's very hard to start blogging from that spot because as a blogger, you are selling a dream. Very many people, from my own country, have told me loads of times that I'm not cut out for this, I'm "too big", I'm not doing it "right" or I'm just not "good enough" for blogging. Thanks to Rauno's support, love and caring, I've come over those words, I've progressed in loving myself - I'm eating healthy, taking care of myself, working out - and not to lose weight. No. It's not about losing weight or having the perfect skin. It's all about loving yourself and giving yourself the best you can. I know there are many who would tell me with this outfit that a girl in a size that I am cannot wear an outfit like this. I'm 5'6'', I wear size 40 and here I am - in shorts with a top that shows my tummy and there's pretty much nothing left unseen. It was a challenge to my confidence but looking at the photos I can honestly say I'm proud! That's why I blog, that's the reason I am here - to show you and everyone that you don't have to be a certain size, shape, color or whatever else. You are beautiful just the way you are and there are NO rules that say you are not good enough for something. They say you have to be a size 0-2 to be a model? Show me the rule that says that! Do what you love, no matter how many people try to put you down. Be who you are, love yourself and be the best you can be :)

I hope you are having amazing week and my little story maybe gave you something to think about. If you ever have any questions or you need to talk about this subject, don't hesitate to email me. :)

xo

 Pictures by Rauno P. 
* Shorts - Levi's
* Bandeau & vest - self-made
* Ring/bracelet - thrifted



 




No comments:

Post a Comment